Friday, May 7, 2010

A post without the letter k

So I always feel tired this time of year. I'm not sure why. The sun is shining, the flowers are beautiful, my raised garden beds are starting to sprout (I built them with my own hands this spring! so proud of myself!).

I search way down to the depths of my (not very deep) soul, and see the answer to my blahs. The year, no matter how good or bad, has just gotten long. I pine for summer, and a real vacation. The students pine for release from me, the chairs pine for release from student butts, even the computers pine for release from our fingers.

As evidenced by the fact that my school laptop has suddenly started to reject the letter between J and L. Sometimes it says 'yeah, sure. I guess you need that letter' but other times it says "Ha! Loser! Try again...Ha! Fooled you! Guess you better get out that thesaurus, 'cuz it's not happening."

Whatever. It's a lame letter anyway. I wrote 2 handouts and this whole post without one.

No comments: